Additional One-Year Epson Preferred Plus Service for SpectroProofer
This plan extends the existing 1-year SpectroProofer repair limited warranty to two (2) years from the original product purchase date. This 1-Year Extended Service Plan must be purchased while the product is covered under the standard 1-year warranty. This Service Plan is can be 'stackable', allowing you to extend coverage to a total of three (3) years.
For the following units:
- SpectroProofer 24 (SPECTRO24)
- SpectroProofer 44 ( SPECTRO44)
- SpectroProofer 44 (UV SPECTRO44UV)
- UV SpectroProofer 24 (UV SPECTRO24UV)
Terms & Conditions
- Epson's Responsibilities
During the term of this
agreement, Epson America, Inc., ("Epson") or its designee will provide
priority telephone technical support and the other service described in
these Terms and Conditions (the "Service") for the covered Products.
Epson is financially and legally obligated for performing Service under
The fee for the Preferred Plus Support Plan is payable
in full before the Preferred Plus Support Plan will be activated and is
non-refundable. The fee for any renewal term shall be paid prior to
expiration of the current term. Customer is responsible for any taxes
arising for the services provided under this Agreement.
Customer must purchase the Preferred Plus
Support Plan while the Product is still covered under the standard
warranty to be eligible for enrollment.
- How To Obtain Services
Customer may obtain Service by following these procedures:
- Once the Preferred Plus Support Plan is activated, please contact
Epson when the Product requires repair, by using the same toll-free
number identified in the Epson Preferred Warranty booklet included with
the Product at the time of purchase, and entering the Unit ID number.
The toll-free number will be answered between the hours of 6:00 AM and
6:00 PM Pacific time, Monday through Friday. Support hours are subject
to change without notice.
- Customer must provide Epson with the model and serial number of
the Product, the address where the defective Product is located, and a
description of the problem. An Epson service technician will provide
telephone diagnostic service to determine whether the Product requires
hardware repair. If repair is required, Service will be provided during
the term of the Preferred Plus Support Plan according to the terms and
conditions of the limited warranty program included with the Product at
the time of purchase. Please refer to the Limited Warranty statement for
details. If Service cannot be provided on the Product for any reason
during the term of this Agreement and Epson no longer sells the same
model, Epson will replace the Product with a model of equal or superior
- Services Limited
- Service described in this Agreement is a supplement to the limited
warranty provided with the Products at the time of sale. This Agreement
does not modify the terms and conditions of that limited warranty. No
other kinds of services are included. Customer agrees to be billed at
Epson's standard rates if excluded services are necessary to restore the
Product to working condition and to pay such charges upon receipt of
- This Agreement excludes those services listed below. Services excluded from this Agreement are:
- Any damage caused by misuse, abuse, improper installation,
neglect, failure to maintain, improper packing or shipping, disasters
such as fire, flood, lightning, improper electrical currents, software
problems, or interaction with non-Epson products.
- Any damage from service performed by other than an Epson Authorized Servicer.
- Service when the device is used outside the U.S. and Canada.
- Service where the device label, logo, rating label, or serial number has been removed.
- Any damage to used, refurbished, or reconditioned products.
- Reimbursement of materials or services required for reprinting
the output as a result of incorrect calibration of the SpectroProofer
- Any damage caused by using improper packaging materials or
improper packaging and shipping. Under the Whole Unit Exchange or Repair
Programs you may be billed for these damages.
This extended service contract is not transferable. If a claimed
defect cannot be identified or reproduced in service, you will be held
responsible for costs incurred.
- Term, Renewal, No Refunds
- The term of this Agreement shall begin on the expiration date of
the limited warranty included with the Product and expire on the
one-year anniversary date. This plan is not renewable.
- Customer will not receive a refund in the event of the Product being returned, sold, lost, stolen, or destroyed.
- Warranty DisclaimerEPSON MAKES NO WARRANTIES,
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATING TO THE PREFERRED PLUS SUPPORT PLAN SERVICES
PROVIDED IN THIS AGREEMENT AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS THE IMPLIED
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- Limitation of Liability
- Customer's right to recover damages shall be limited to moneys
actually paid by Customer to purchase this Agreement. This limitation
shall apply regardless of the form of action. Any action for breach of
this Agreement must be brought within six months of termination of this
Agreement and any extension thereof.
- Except as provided in this Agreement, neither Epson nor its
affiliates or agents shall be liable for (a) any loss, inconvenience, or
damage, including direct, special, incidental, or consequential
damages, including lost profits, cost of substitute equipment, downtime,
claims of third parties, including customers, or injury to property,
resulting from the use or inability to use the Product, whether
resulting from a breach of any expressed or implied warranty or any
other legal theory, or (b) delay in furnishing or failing to furnish
Service if such a delay is caused by an act of God, strike, governmental
action or any cause beyond Epson's reasonable control. Some
jurisdictions do not allow limits on implied warranties or on remedies
for breach in certain transactions. In such jurisdictions, the limits of
this and the preceding paragraph may not apply.
- This Agreement is the complete and exclusive Agreement between the
parties. No Epson employee or other person is authorized to make any
representations or statements, which are inconsistent with this
Agreement. Any such representations or statements are void.
If You have any questions, require customer service, or wish to
report a claim, please contact: Epson America, P.O. Box 93012, Long
Beach, CA, 90809-9941.